Friday 24 February 2017

Book Review: A Court of Thorns & Roses-Sarah J Maas



I honestly don't know from where to start with this book. I'm overwhelmed. There are so many feelings going on inside my heart and my mind can't stop to think about it. About all the events that happened inside this book. About all the characters that I fell in love with and those that I wanted to split their heads.

*sigh*

"It was part pf Tamlin's curse."

"She is the sickness in these lands."

"She took his eye as punishment. Carved it out with her own fingernail, then scarred his face. She sent him back so bloody that .... The High Lord vomited when he saw his friend."

And so many quotes that affected me so deeply.

Feyre is a human girl who is trying her best to feed her family, to prevent them from dying from poverty. A promise that she made and is willing anything to do to keep it, even if it meant killing a Fae. Then, his friend seeks his killer and gives Feyre a choice of dying by his claws or living with him, in the lands of Faeries for the rest of her life.

Feyre decides to go and live with the High Fae, with Tamlin, and there she meets his friend Lucien. And the three form a bond. A bond that I loved and was able to connect to. And there, Feyre learns many things about The Seven Courts, what's going on in them, who is destroying their lands and who is taking their magic. Which blight has stricken them?!

Now, let's talk about the characters. Which on is my favourite? I really can't seem to decide. It's very difficult to pick one but I can say that I felt somehow close to Lucien. Even though I hated him at first, I became attached to his character and wanted to learn more about him, the more I knew, the more my heart ached for what he had endured that made him like this, so cruel.

Rhysand is also a favourite. He's such bastard, with all his bargains and threats. But we learn that there is more to that act he's putting infront of all The High Lords and infront of HER. 

I will not talk more about this book for I don't want to ruin it for those who wants to read it. Even if you're not planning to, YOU HAVE TO.

This book shattered me to pieces and the at the very end, it managed to leave me in awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment