Tuesday 30 August 2016

Book Review: The Miniaturist-Jesse Burton



I enjoyed reading this book a lot and i couldn't put it down at all, I finished it in one day and that's a record for me considering it's more than 400 pages but really, it was so powerful, as if it had this super power that pulled me towards it and left me turning page after page.

Patronella moves to her new house, to a man she married on papers and didn't see only to be shocked of what her life would be with him. Busy all the time, travelling and sailing from country to another to sell goods and make money, he hardly have the time to greet his wife. But Johannes brings his wife a gift, a cabinet of the house she's living in to keep her busy while he travelled and worked. This gift becomes her obsession when she starts receiving miniature figures of the house she's living in telling her or warning her of what will happen in the near future, after asking a miniaturist to do some pieces to her.

Nella unfolds the deadly secrets of the residents of the house she's living in. Her husband's and his sister. She tries her best to live among those secrets noting that she's only 18 years old. Bella tries to find out who is the miniaturist, she does but she never gets to meet her. But is she the really miniaturist? I don't know, I feel like she might be but how did she know about the secrets of that house of the or the Meerman's? How could she? I'm sure she had a spy and I feel like it was Cornelia who was feeding her with all the secrets of both house and this lady having nothing to do she starts sending them these miniatures, or maybe Cornelia knew of these secrets, wanted to do something but was afraid to talk for she's only a maid so she used the miniaturist to find a way to Nella's life. These are my thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment