Tuesday 30 August 2016

Book Review: Sleeper's Castle-Barbara Erskine



"Little Welsh children, taken away to England by order of the king".

Reading this book while I'm in Wales and knowing more about the history of this city has been an exciting experience.

This book has it all; Dreams, Day Dreams, Time Travel, Romance, History, Heroes, Two Worlds, Psychology, Crime and more.

Can you imagine reading a book that has everything you like in one place? I enjoyed reading this book a lot, I can't describe my feelings about this, I'm overwhelmed and can't get all the characters out of my mind.

Andy dreams of the past and Catrin dreams of the Future. They cross path in their dreams and meet each other. Shocked by the discovery but not afraid of the abnormal activities happening in Sleeper's Castle where everyone has his own share of dreams. Both woman will deal many things to reach for peace and settle in harmony after struggling with grief and agony.

I loved all the characters, especially Catrin and Edmund; their story was beautifully written and developed. The mains character Andy was ok, didn't have that emotional attachment to her, not like Catrin. I felt that Catrin was stronger and more in control of her life considering the time she has lived in and what she has faced in her life by her father. I guess I wanted to know more about Andy and Bryn but that is left for the reader to imagine and enjoy after finishing this book. And the final discovery about Bryn, didn't see that coming but I LOVED IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment