Monday 7 November 2016

Book Review: Furthermore-Tahera Mafi



I enjoyed reading this book ... It made me feel like I was a child around 8 or 10 years old living in a magical world. The writing style of Tahera Mafi was so smooth and easy for the eyes, you won't struggle while reading this book, and even though it's categorised under "Middle Grade", I feel like it suits everyone. I'm 33 years old and I've enjoyed reading it. I can't wait for my girl to be older to read this book.

The story is about Alice who was born colourless in a world full of colour and magic. Even her talent is worth nothing to her and to others because she wasn't excited enough about it to show them. Alic has lost her father 3 years ago and now she has the opportunity to go to Furthermore, a very scary world to find her father with a boy named Oliver who she doesn't like at all.

Furthermore has a lot of morals and lessons for the young readers to learn from, such as; respecting time, believing in yourself, loving yourself no matter what, respecting others and admiring them for what they are and not what they have, loving your family, and many more. I believe this book would be a great teaching material if taught in schools.

I also loved the narrators voice/tone when addressing the reader, so cute and so sweet, as if he/she is talking to a very young child, and that's what made me feel young. Also loved the stops in the story and talking about other stuff and then going back to the story. The chapters were divided in a cute way. Loved everything about this book, but at the end I felt a bit bored for it might have been stretched a bit, but all in all, this was a great read.

No comments:

Post a Comment