Wednesday 2 November 2016

Book Review: The Widow-Fiona Barton


This book didn't fulfil my expectations. I thought it was going to be full of suspense and thriller but it turned out to be the opposite. The pace of the story was really slow and it lacked the action. It could have been there if the story has been told in a different way or if the author dug more into the characters and let us see what was going on inside their heads. That happened for a bit at the end of the story which didn't do much.

The story is good but the writing wasn't. The characters were shallow and so annoying, really I hated both Glen and Jean. Both were so needy and naive, especially the wife. I don't know if there are such women out there nowadays. The husband looked like he had some problems from the beginning but the author didn't invest her time to expand or show more of those problems. I believe the story was lost being told from so many points of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment