Tuesday 25 October 2016

Book Review: Empire of Storms-Sarah J Maas




A whole book without the presence of Chaol </3

Nooooo ... Why Miss Maas why? I honestly couldn't enjoy this book that much without him. Even though this book stirred a lot of feelings in me, and I liked all the events, characters, relationships and power of the plot, still not a single page about Chaol or anything related to his recovery made me angry. I know he'll play a great role in the last book in saving the promised queen, in facing Erawan and Maeve, but still. I LOVE HIM <3

Now, let's talk about this book. I loved everything in it. The characters became really awesome. Getting to know them more and more. To know about their characteristics, to feel what they are feeling, to get inside their heads. It was amazing.

I loved how Dorian was paired with someone I couldn't imagine would be suitable for him. Aideon and Lysandra, for a reason I saw it coming but still I loved them together and the relationship between Aelin and Rowan; at first I didn't like them together, but now I'm in awe, they are so beautiful and passionate. The perfect couple. How he loves her and what he's willing to do to save her life, is just amazing.

We get to know more about Elide and Lorcan. Both broke my heart. One can barely sympathise with Lorcan, but after you know what he has been through, you'll understand. Also Elide showed great girl power for all the pain, sorrow she has been through, still she managed to reach her girl.

I can't wait till next year to see how this book will end!

Some quotes I loved:

"I find pleasure in both depending on my mood and the person."

"But Aelin and Manon pressed their joined hands to the speckled glass."

"Death, cruel and cunning, waited in the gold-flecked onyx stare."

1 comment: