Tuesday 11 October 2016

Book Review: Crown of Midnight-Sarah J Maas



Now, seriously. Can this series get any better? I'm in the second book and I'm sobbing, damn.

Sarah J Maas is the Queen of Fantasy, Queen of Magic, and Queen of Romance. All of these and more are in this series. I mean, you will not get bored at all, whether you like fantasy, romance, suspense, crime or whatever you are into, you'll find it this book/series.

The story follows the life of Celaena Serdothian after becoming The king's Champion and killing anyone who is believed to harm the throne or is a traitor. She has to kill every person she is asked to or else The Captain of Guard will be killed and then she'll follow, or maybe the opposite?! Anyways, it was a risk she wasn't willing to have! Was she? Read the story to find out what happens.

The love triangle was written in a very beautiful way, my heart ached for Chaol, aaaahhhh his character has changed drastically and he became more relaxed, easy and happy. You can feel it when he's with Celaena.

"I will always care. Gods help me, I know I shouldn't, but I do" Chaol.

But after what happened, the climax of the story where it broke my heart and shattered it to pieces. Celaena becomes really cruel to Chaol and treats him as if he is the enemy. She irritated me a lot, and I really hated her in this sequel for tormenting Chaol when he didn't deserve it. Damn you Celaena.

"He barely made it into an empty broom closet before the sobs hit"

The loss of a major character in this book was really sad, it made very upset but I guess it was needed because it changed so many things in the story that made it more interesting. 

The reading pace for this book was really fast, I finished it in less than 24hrs. I wanted to slow down, to enjoy the story line but I just couldn't help myself.

The final page of the book ....... wwoooooooowww just wow! I was like "No Waaaaaaay". I don't want to ruin this book or the series to those who haven't read it yet but please please please, if you're into fantasy, magic and portals, then this book is definitely for you and you MUST read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment