Tuesday 4 October 2016

Book Review: Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children-Ransom Riggs



Where was I from this book or this series?

I love creative books with a unique storytelling an plot. It's very rare to see a book that is well written, with a tidy plot and complex characters. Not that all the characters in this book are complex but some of them are. Even though the characters lacked depth and description which I think we might read about more in the next books but I hoped to see more of the characters in this book. They lacked description, passion, depth and warmth. That's why I gave this book 4 stars, I would have given it 5 stars if I felt the characters deserved it but maybe in book 2 or 3?

Knowing the snapshots/pictures that are in the book are real and they belong to the author's collection of weird photos gave me the creeps. There was one photo that really scared me and I felt I wouldn't be able to sleep if I kept on reading the book, so I shut it and went to sleep thinking about all of those photos and that's why it took me 2 days to finish it. If i was able to handle such photos at night, i'd have finished it in one sitting.

As I said earlier, the idea of this book is unique. Writing a story based on photos or somehow related to them. It makes you understand the story in a better way. Having peculiar children/people in a story might be difficult to comprehend or imagine but with the story, it becomes easier.

Jacob goes to an Island after the death of his grandfather that makes him puzzled and lost somehow for he saw something that others couldn't/didn't see or believe. He felt obliged to go out and seek the truth behind his grandfather's story and death. His journey leads him to loop where his grandfather used to live, where he meets the house of Miss Peregrine and her children who has been living in this loop for ....? Staying out of sight, safe, and away from those who want to harm them, but will they stay safe forever? With the help of Jacob, the peculiar children will fight for their lives and those they care about.

If you haven't read the story then go and buy the book before watching the movie. It's amazing <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment