Friday 21 October 2016

Book Review: Queen of Shadows-Sarah J Maas



"Let's rattle the stars"

I honestly can't think that this series can get any better. OMG!!! This book broke my heart and shattered it to pieces ... I'm so overwhelmed with so many feelings that are still flowing inside me.

This book started with powerful action and events. I loved how it started, it got me hooked from the beginning. And how Celaena now is being called Aelin meets Chaol for the first time after their heartbreaking farewell, but now each one of them is holding a grudge towards the other. I hated how their relations ship came out to be so hateful and always arguing or fighting. I hated that she's no longer with Chaol, and that she has found love with another man.

As the story moves, I find myself finding peace with the reality of their relationship. I came to understand that they are not good/fit together, that they are better as friends and not lovers. You become satisfied with that fact. But Chaol is still my favourite. I don't hate Rowan but Chaol wins.

I loved how Chaol is faithful till the end to Dorian. How he'd do anything to save his soul, to free him from the darkness, and to get him away from his evil father. I loved how he'd risk his own life just to save what's left of Dorian, always believing that there's still something worth saving.

I loved how the story had developed its plot and characters. Developing the new characters that we've met in the previous book and letting them become involved in the storyline.

This book was perfect in so many ways. Loved it <3

No comments:

Post a Comment