Monday 10 October 2016

Book Review: Throne of Glass-Sarah J Maas





This book was perfect in all aspects and elements of a great story. I don't know where was I from this series before. Why haven't I heard of it or known about it? Reading Throne of Glass was a great experience, loved the adventure it made me live with all the characters.

The story is about an assassin who has to fight for her freedom. To become The King's Champion she must join the games and and fight great thief, soldiers and assassin to win the title. But later, the other assassins start dying mysteriously. Scared for her life, Captain of The Guard will do anything to protect her and The Crown Prince will become her friend who will enjoy teasing her.

I loved how the story started and how it ended. The mystery behind Celeana's pain from the past and the marks on her back. Even though she became a great assassin, I felt there is more to her story, to why she became an assassin or how, which I suppose will know in the other books

"When one doesn't have access to a bath and perfume, I suppose one cannot smell as finely as you, your highness" 

The way she talks makes you feel the strength and confidence in her character, even after what she has been through which we get to know a little bit about, not the whole thing but still. She is one of the great heroines out there and you cannot help but fall in love with her,

And I also loved her wittiness and how she always tried to provoke Chaol who was timid and tough. The conversation they had made me laugh. It's very easy for a book to make me cry or feel upset, but it's very difficult for a book to make me laugh, and when I laugh while reading a book, I know that this is a great book.

"Celaena didn't quite understand the softness in the look he gave her as he nodded".

The silent feelings that have been described through Chaol's looks towards Celaena made me ache for more, like a hug or something, maybe a kiss?! But I liked how the writer kept a distance between them. To me that is a clever-writing style, where the author keeps her reader wanting for more and not spilling everything in one page.

I can't wait to start reading the next book to know more and see what will happen after that shocking end.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting.. hmm must add it to my list ❤️

    ReplyDelete