Friday 16 September 2016

Book Review: Cinder-Merissa Meyer



There so many writers out there writing good books. There are so many writers out there writing great books. But there are few writers out there writing great book with amazing ideas and a beautiful writing style. Those writers are really rare. I always wonder how their brain function, from where do they get their ideas and how they put them in a beautifully written book! 

This was the easiest book I've read in 2016 and I finished it in less than 12hrs. I've never done that before and now I can't help myself but reach out for book 2 and start reading it. I know I should give my mind and eyes some time to rest but I don't think I'll be able to. I'm starting Scarlet after I finish writing this review.

"You're even more painful to look at than she is" Oh really Kai? That was the harshest sentence in the whole book. I couldn't believe my eyes when I've read it. I mean how could he say THAT to her, after all she's done to save him from that lunatic Lunar Queen Levana .... *angryface*

Basically, it's the retelling story of Cinderella but in a very different way. Cinder is an adopted Cyborg who has been brought to this family to take care of her. After the father dies, her stepmother keeps her in the house but without any love or affection towards her. She has 2 step sisters Peony and Pearl. Pearl is awful but Peony is nice.

Cinder is the best mechanic in New Beijing who fixes anything. One day Prince Kai comes to her to help him with his android and she does. Not knowing that this android device has the story of her life. This android has the secret that has been hidden from her all of her life. 

The characters were all great. Hated Pearl and Queen Levana from the bottom of my heart, I could feel anger and frustration growing inside me as I turn the pages of this book. I loved Peony and felt really sad for what happened to her. Loved Cinder, her character was good. But Kai's character was a bit annoying and lacked some depth, maybe in book 2 we'll get more of him and his character.

Read this series, don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment