Sunday 4 September 2016

Book Review: This Savage Song-V. E. Schwab



I have to say that Victoria Schwab has a wild imagination. After finishing reading her 3rd book, I admit she's amazing.

A city divided into two halves, one is under the hand of Callum Harker who keeps monsters as pet and weapons and the other half is under the hand of Henry Flynn who has 3 adopted children with a secret that must be hidden from those who might use it in a ..... ?! I'll keep that to your imagination.

Katherine is daughter of Callum Harker & August is the son of Henry Flynn find themselves running together for their lives and trying to save their city with everything then can, only to be betrayed by those who are close to them and never saw it coming.

All the characters in this book are amazing, even though there is a slight similarity between August and Kell (Shades of Magic) but still the story is original and unique. Creating 3 races of monsters (Malchai, Corsei, and Sunai) helped the story also, she didn't just mention them and leave those races for the readers to fill in the blanks, no. She actually created a solid background for them and also a song which I liked and kept on singing it even after I finished reading the book.

When I started reading the story, I kind of felt lost or somehow bored and thought "Oh no, this book will disappoint" but I kept on reading and good thing I didn't stop because I literally couldn't keep it down. It was a very good story and can't wait for book 2 to come out because that ending made like "You've got to be kidding me!" and a huge exclamation mark on my forehead!

No comments:

Post a Comment