Tuesday 13 September 2016

Book Review: How To Find Love in a Bookshop-Veronica Henry



I can't decide whether to give this book 3 stars or 4 so I'm settling on 3.5 stars.

The idea of this book is amazing but it lacked the depth of characters and their development through out the story. I felt this book was done very fast without getting deep into the story itself. The feeling you get is not that strong because you couldn't have formed an idea/feeling or get attached to the characters.

I've always loved the idea of having or managing my own bookshop so you can see my face when I saw this book in Waterstones. I couldn't help myself but get it. Emilia is struggling to get Nightingale Books going after the death of her father. She does her best to keep it going knowing that it had a great impact on its customers and found out some secrets trying to keep the bookshop going.

The book had many characters but focused only on few. The only characters that I liked were Dillon and Alice. So many characters were left behind like Thomasina & Jem. Also Jackson & Mia, not to mention June & Mick. I wish the writer had given more time and effort for the left out characters.

The writing was ok, not that wow but easy for the eye and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment