Thursday 1 September 2016

Book Review: The Muse-Jessie Burton


The first book I finished in September and I'm proud to say that I've read this book for it is a literary MASTERPIECE. If I was an academic teacher, i'd teach this for my student because it represents everything related to Art & Literature.

I'm really overwhelmed, I can't explain what I'm feeling right now after finishing reading this book. I'm sure I loved it and it's amazing but it has this effect on me which I can't explain. It's a hreat-breaking story of love, art, survival, treason, adultery, self-search and more.

"Just be careful of him. You don't just happen upon a painting like that Odelle"

This book left me taking notes and thinking all the time. It's about the story of Olive, Teressa, & Isaac and how each of them interfered in the other's fate. When you think that people use you but it might be the other way around. When you want to be seen but can't and use someone else's name just to reach your goal and when you can't see the real love of the honest people because you're blinded by your love to others who don't deserve it.

I loved the writing style of this book, it is much better than The Miniaturist. It is so smooth and easy to comprehend and fall in love with. I'm feeling really sad because I finished this book in one day. I just couldn't keep it down, events and cliffhangers kept coming/happening at the end of each chapter/part.

I loved Olive's character ALOT, and hated her mother Sarah. I don't know how I feel towards Isaac because of what he went through in his life but of course that doesn't mean you can deceit and play with people's feelings. Now, comes Teressa who I believe is the centre character if the story even though you don't feel it in the story but you'll get what I mean when you finish this book and start thinking of the whole story in your head.

Who was The Muse? Olive, Isaac or Teressa? I won't really say because there is no name mentioned in the book but it's open to the reader's imagination. And I will not discuss the matter because I don't want to spoil things for you.

A HIGHLY RECOMMENDED BOOK.

No comments:

Post a Comment