Wednesday 14 September 2016

Book Review: I See You-Clare Mackintosh



Imagine someone follows women everyday, create a website and write a log of where they go everyday. Which train these and which station they arrive to, what clothes they are wearing and a brief description of them. Imagine having your picture posted on a website for men to meet women without you knowing about it all. Imagine men following you after you finish your work thinking you want them when actually you don't. What happens then?

That's basically the creepiest description I've ever written for a book I've finished reading. The idea of the book was really creepy, I mean from where does Clare Mackintosh get her ideas and twists? This book isn't as great as I Let You Go, but it's good. The plot, the twists and that final page was like "No Way". Will there be a sequel for this book? Or will we be left to end this book with our own imagination. Either way, I'm totally satisfied.

I have to admit that i felt bored till half the book, but i persuaded myself to continue reading because this is written by Mackintosh and if you've read her first book then you'll know what I mean. After that the story started to get creepier page after page and when you think you know who is doing all of this, guess what? YOU ARE WRONG. It's how Mackintosh writes, she makes you think that you've got the psycho who is causing all the troubles in her stories but actually you are not ;) She's so clever and I love how talented she is.

Though in this book I felt detached from the main characters, I couldn't find my way to Zoe Walkers character or her life. I don't know why. But anyways, this was a great read.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment