Wednesday 21 September 2016

Book Review: Scarlet-Marissa Meyer


I can't believe how entertaining this series is, I mean it's very easy to read, fun to imagine and it gives you this lovely feeling. You can't help yourself, you suddenly find yourself smiling without even noticing it, it happens naturally when you are reading. Marisa Meyer has the most attractive and seductive language ever. There is nothing special about but it's easy for the eyes and mind to read, not like other books that make you struggle in every sentence you read and sometimes you find yourself staring at the same sentence for more than 5 minutes. That doesn't happen with Marissa Meyer.

The story of Scarlet follows the story of Cinder after being held prisoner for what she has done at the ball. Kai being a spoiled emperor (Can't like his character) doesn't believe in what she says, i don't blame him and I still don't blame Cinder for both didn't know what was going on .

Cinder being the lost Princess Selene from Luna, escapes the prison in search of Michelle Bonoit, the woman who saved her life wanting to know more about her ancestors and life. Cinder meets Scarlet Bonoit and Alfa Kesly (Wolf). I loved those pairs, especially Wolf's character, oh my my he was such a seductive character with his stiffness and attitude.

I hated that we didn't see any development in Kai's character. I was hoping to see more of him and what he'll be or do but that wasn't the case. This book focused more on Cinder, Scarlet and Wolf. Maybe in the 3rd book!

No comments:

Post a Comment